When you buy loose diamonds wholesale, you must look for the clarity of the stone. Many diamond dealers promote stones with a clarity grading of VVS. However, this alone cannot be used as a feature for understanding the quality of a diamond. Remember that you must also take into account the other factors in the 4C’s used for assessing the quality of these precious stones. Furthermore, the quality of diamonds is subjective because people prioritize different aspects of a stone. This article discusses when it is the right time for you to buy a VVS diamond.
Understanding What A VVS Diamond Is
VVS1 and VVS2 are the two GIA grades for determining the clarity of diamonds. This grading is done based on factors like size, number, color, and the placement of imperfections and inclusions in diamonds. The more noticeable diamonds are, the lower will be its transparency.
- Flawless – F
- Slightly included (SI) – SI1 and SI2
- Very very slightly included (VVS) – VVS1 and VVS2
- Very slightly included (VS) – VS1 and VS2
- Included (I) – I1 and I2
- Internally flawless – IF
F and IF are the highest clarity grades, and hence stones with these grades are the most expensive. VVS1 and VVS2 stones also have excellent clarity and are a good choice for jewelry.
Pros And Cons Of Buying VVS
- The imperfections of VVS diamonds can only be viewed under high magnification. Sometimes, a jeweller’s loupe is insufficient for seeing them.
- When buying large loose diamonds, especially round brilliant, adding higher clarity grade would be a good choice. Also, it would be good to include VVS diamonds in your search when looking for fancy shapes, because it will give you more options.
- You can also stick to VVS diamonds for symbolic or personal preference.
- Although VS diamonds have a lower clarity grade, their imperfections cannot be seen with an unaided eye, i.e., they are “eye-flawless”. Also, they can appear perfect when you put them on an engagement ring.
- When you buy loose diamonds wholesale, remember that their price increases as the clarity grade improve. Hence, VVS diamonds are more expensive than stones with lower clarity grades.
- VVS diamonds are not a good form of investment because it is unlikely that you can sell them more than their sticker value.
These are the important points that you must know about VVS diamonds when you buy loose diamonds wholesale, and we hope that the details shared above were useful for you.