There is a large selection of 1 carat diamonds available in both online markets and local diamond jewelry stores. The difference in the elegance of these diamonds is significant, and so are the price differences. When considering a purchase, let us first understand what a 1-carat diamond is.
Size Of A 1 Carat Diamond
A 1-carat diamond has a diameter of approximately 6.5mm. This is the size of a perfectly cut round diamond. Other shapes’ surface areas may be larger or smaller.
Even if it appears small, a diamond weighing one carat is more than large enough to attract attention. The size and carat weight of your ring should be considered, but you should also focus on selecting a well-cut diamond. A brilliant and captivating 1 carat diamond will outperform a poorly cut 2 carat diamond.
Keep in mind that the carat is a weight measurement rather than a size measurement. As a result, even diamonds of the same carat and shape may not be of the same size. Despite having the same carat weight, a diamond’s proportions can vary slightly depending on how it is cut.
Where To Buy A Ring With A One Carat Diamond?
Don’t be intimidated by the diamond trade’s size. There are numerous trustworthy and premium diamond jewelry sellers both offline and online.
Finding an online vendor for a 1 carat diamond ring is recommended because they frequently have a larger selection of high-quality 1 Carat Diamonds than local shops. Using the online option increases your chances of finding an exquisite diamond at an exceptional price.
Tips For Choosing A Jeweller
- Only purchase diamonds that come with a GIA or AGS certificate.
- Compare prices and aesthetics across different websites before making a purchase.
- Check that the diamond has an excellent cut or a GIA grade of Excellent. At this cut level, your diamond’s sparkle, brilliance, and fire are maximized.
- Select an engagement ring setting made of high-quality materials, such as 14k white, yellow, or rose gold.
- Consider hiring a diamond expert to review diamonds for you or to assist you in your search.
Clarity Ratings For 1 Carat Diamonds
When examining the 4 Cs of a 1-carat diamond, diamond clarity is an important factor to consider (Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat Weight). This factor determines the number of inclusions, surface flaws, and additional facets in the diamond.
We recommend inspecting a diamond’s clarity yourself or seeking professional advice. The GIA Grade rating is less important than what the unaided eye can see.